Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The First rule of Ten..review 10

The First rule of Ten By Gay Hendricks, Tinker Lindsay
Are you tired of formulaic mysteries? I know I was, until I read the First Rule of Ten. You have never met an ex-detective like Tenzing Norbu. Raised as a Tibetan monk, he came to the U.S. as a teenager, promptly ran away and ended up as an LAPD cop. Now he is on his own as a private investigator. Helped by his old partner Bill, his favorite computer hacker, and his cat Tank, he is embarking on a new life. What a wonderful new way to look at life and mysteries. I have never known a Tibetan monk and certainly never listened to the dialogue inside his head but this is a unique new perspective. Looking for the truth in cults, almond orchards and pig farms, following Ten, as he likes to be called, through the twists and turns of the mystery was something I will never forget. I find myself panting for the next in the "Rules of Ten". My appetite whetted by the nibble I read at the end of this volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment