Monday, January 16, 2012

Gritty Grace..Review 29

Gritty Grace by David Rust
A compilation of newspaper columns from 1994 to 2001. I very much enjoyed hearing these ruminations and memories from this man of my father's generation. His are very different than those stories I heard from my father and grandfather, as my family is a plain one, from one of the historic "peace churches" and therefor, served the government in alternative service rather than the military. I very much enjoyed hearing this authors point of view and am glad he took the time to write it down! I fear we will soon lose many of these memories as this generation departs for a better place. I read it in a couple of sittings, but it could easily be read in "bites" as a coffee break book.
ISBN#978-0-9791957-1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment