Sunday, January 20, 2013

#6 The Second Rule of Ten By Gay Hendricks and Tinker Lindsay

I must say, Tenzing Norbu is my favorite new book character since Dean Koontz "Odd Thomas". I was thrilled to be able to read this second book of the series and will be waiting (not so patiently) for the next!
What a joy to get a peek inside the mind of a very nontraditional sleuth. I won't spoil the story for you, but we again find Tenzing involved in a complex mystery that touches places inside him, with some surprising results. There is even a chance at possible romance.....a trip to India and Tibet...as well as the many twists and turns of the stateside mystery that reaches back to WWII. If you have a longing for something other than a predictable, formula mystery, this is the book for you! What else could you expect from a hero that is both a retired LAPD detective and a retired Tibetan Monk? I wish I could say I read it slowly, savoring every moment, but no, I devoured it like a starving pilgrim at the end of a long fast..quickly and with great excitement and enjoyment!
ISBN#978-1-4019-4103-1

No comments:

Post a Comment